Selasa, 07 Desember 2010

Andy Rubin Shows Off Android 3.0 On Prototype Motorola Tablet

Devin Coldewey 8 hours ago


Andy Rubin is, as I type this, in the middle of a demo of Android 3.0 (AKA Honeycomb) at Dive Into Mobile. The rest of his talk I�ve got written up elsewhere, but this was too cool to pass up. The software is running on a prototype MOTOPAD that looks really slick, though it was only out for a moment and there are but few pictures at the moment. I�ll be updating this post as more information breaks.

First thing he showed off was a new lock screen and then what appeared to be a brand new �desktop� with widgets and buttons in the corners. Different UI aesthetic than earlier versions of Android. He then launched the new, 3D-and-vector-based version of Google Maps that should be coming to your phone in just a couple days.




Honeycomb will be out �next year,� which is a pretty vague deadline, but if I remember correctly, we�ve heard Q2 for the Moto tablet. Another improvement he notes is the ability to split applications into multiple �fragments,� i.e. a mail app would have two panes for mail and inbox, which would be viewed sequentially on a phone but simultaneously on a tablet. There�s a new app grid and Gmail appears to have gotten a much nicer version of itself, which I would bet money is a lot like what they�re going to show off tomorrow at their Chrome thing.

The tablet itself looks to me to be larger than the 7? we heard a while back, but it�s really difficult to tell without actually being there. I�d guess 9? at 16:10 from these pictures. I don�t know how big Andy Rubin actually is, so my frame of reference is a bit off.

I�ve always said the Android versions we�ve had are a bad fit for tablets. This looks like a different story. I�m looking forward to Honeycomb.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar